I don’t know about you, but I love baking during the holidays. Although I must admit I cannot manage a four course meal, I can do a killer appetizer. So Toronto, I thought I would share this easy recipe you can try at home and impress all your guests over the next long weekend!
Camembert Cheese, Fig Jam & Fresh Rosemary Wrapped in a Puff Pastry Shell aka an Ooey Gooey Sweet and Savory Surprise!
All you need are 6 simple ingredients for this recipe
- 1 Egg
- Fresh Rosemary
- Camembert Cheese
- Phyllo Puff Pastry
- Fig Jam
- Preheat the oven to 350
- You need 8 Phyllo Puff Pastry shells, melt butter and baste it on each layer, stacking them on top of each other
- Place the cheese in the center and wrap 2 layers around the cheese
- Generously spread Fig jam on top of the layered cheese and add a few Rosemary leaves
- Wrap this in 2 more layers of puff pastry
- Once again spread the Fig jam and add rosemary
- Now wrap the rest of the puff pastry layers
- Whisk an egg and coat the top layer of the wrapped cheese
- You’re ready to place this in the oven! It should be done in 20 minutes, remove when golden brown at the top
- Slice it and watch the Camembert cheese ooze out! Serve with crackers
If you want to see some more baking ideas follow @foodndrinksoftoronto !
Director of Food & Drink