If you are reading this now (first days of December), congrats, you are like me and like to start planning these things way in advance. If you have stumbled upon this post late December, you’ve come to the right place, I have been updating this post as new events have popped up!
So without further ado, here is a comprehensive list of events and also ideas on what to do this holiday season for New Year’s Eve 2017:
Staying in the city:
- Host a party yourself
- Grab some of you favourites from the LCBO, get friends to bring their favourite snacks and watch the activities around the world on TV with a good soundtrack going in the background
- Nathan Phillips Square Fireworks
- A yearly event, stand next to thousands looking to enjoy the musical performances, skating and midnight fireworks.
- Majestic NYE 2017
- Semi-Formal Dress Code at the Fairmont Royal York. Party in your choice of or all three ballrooms. Dinner & dance or dance only tickets available.
- New Year’s Eve Comedy Extravaganza
- End the year with a good laugh. Hosted at Massey Hall, this event starts at 7:30pm and has an evening full of comedy ahead. Line up includes Caroline Rhea, Mike MAcDonald, Nigel Grinstead, Ted Morris and others!
- New Year’s Eve at the ROM
- 9pm-2am with cash bar the ROM will have DJs, live bands and a countdown and a complimentary sparkling drink to ring in the new year.
- Bravissimo Opera
- Celebrate at Roy Thompson Hall! This is an evening event for Opera lovers or Opera newbies! The concert starts at 7pm and ends just before 10pm so that you have time for more New Year’s Eve festivities.
- Mysteriously Your’s New Years Gala
- Dinner, Show and Dancing! If you haven’t been to this one-of-a-kind dinner show/murder mystery maybe NYE is the night! The show this year is called “Murder By The Books” where a notorious magician and escape artist “Harry Houdunit” takes to the stage with his dangerous and controversial act.
- Boat cruise around the city
- Mariposa boat cruises and other tour company are hosting dinner and cocktail cruises at different costs. Views of the city can be incredible from this vantage point and could be a great option to ring in the new year and watch fireworks from the water!
- Midnight Run
- Back for it’s sixth year, you too can participate in this unique way to celebrate the end of a year and start of a new one! Try something different this New Year’s Eve with a 5K run on the stroke of midnight and then a post race party in Liberty Village.
- Club scenes for NYE
- Everleigh (King West), 1920’s theme NYE
- Rosewater (King East), Single’s NYE party
- Maison Mercer, Enchanté themed
- 99 Sudbury’s private event playing all your old-school hiphop and R&B.
- Baro (new restaurant/event space on King West) hosts three sounds on two floors. (None of them latino – which is kind of a disappointment in my books). For tickets, click here.
- Banquet Hall Parties
- Royal Gala at Palais Royale – Although located just minutes away from the downtown core, be prepared for a stunning view of the skyline and fireworks in addition to a dinner & dance setting.
- Liberty Grand – appears to be having a party (says club crawlers) but details are not posted on the Liberty Group website just yet … stay tuned.
Getting outside of the city:
- Comedy & Cabaret (Richmond Hill)
- This show starts at 10pm and will have you laughing past midnight. Included with your ticket is a pre-show dessert buffet, so bring your appetite!
- Rent an AirBnB with your friends near Bruce Peninsula and do some day exploring. I personally recommend going to the Bruce Peninsula National Park entrance towards the Halfway Log Dump Day Use Area, walk to the water from there … sites unlike another!
- Rent a Chalet in Blue Mountain/Collingwood and do some daytime skiing/snowboarding. I’ve heard that the village sets off fireworks at midnight!
- Niagara Falls Casino & Hotel
- The Marriott is offering a promotion (for the big spenders) that includes a buffet breakfast for two, 40 CAD meal credit at Terrapin for Dinner, wine tasting for 2 adults, 40 CAD spa credit at Serenity Spa and 2 WineTour and Tasting tickets for 2 adults. Rooms start at $690.
- Mississauga Celebration Square
- Located right beside Square One shopping mall, this venue has a whole lineup of activities including musical performances, an awesome line-up of DJs, dance party and fireworks. Also, if you already live in Mississauga, transit is free from 7pm until 4am January 1st!
Founder of Views Of Toronto