Being a food blogger, it’s easy to give into cravings, over eat and pile on the carbs! It’s very important to eat healthy throughout the week while I’m not dining out, or else I’ll blow up like a balloon! I have always been asked what I do to stay in shape and I would love to share a couple things I do to ensure that my metabolism can keep up with my eating habits. Ensuring your metabolism is in good shape is key to staying in shape or appearing to stay in shape lol. Well Toronto, here are ten tips I follow regularly:
- Drink lemon water every day, drink a minimum of 1.5 litres of water a day
- Have herbal tea or green tea daily or alternatively you can use a detox/cleansing tea as directed in the label (I prefer Wholy tea from GNC)
- Eat fresh meals, avoid having leftovers often. Also ensure you eat enough, don’t starve yourself!
- Maintain an active lifestyle or try to go to the gym at least 3 times a week (3 is usually my minimum, I try to go 5 times a week)
- Add extra virgin olive oil to your foods. We need healthy fats to minimize hunger and speed the process of nutrients going through our body
- Pick foods which are rich in fiber ex) Quinoa
- Avoid artificially sweetened products (I never drink pop)
- Ensure you are getting anywhere from 7-8 hours of sleep a night
- Have a cup of black coffee in the morning (try to drink 2 cups max, caffeine will suppress your appetite and cause you to eat less which will work negatively towards your metabolism)
- Skip happy hour
I wanted to share some cool facts I found while searching up new techniques I can incorporate into my lifestyle to better my body:
Did you know? (Because I didn’t!)
- Sleeping in a room with cooler temperatures will cause your body to burn through fat to keep you warm!
- LED lights coming from your phone disturb a sleep hormone called Melanin, so dim your lights so that you can get a good night’s rest and help your metabolism do its job!
- Try not to stress, stress stimulates fat cells
Hope that helps! Comment below and let me know if there is any metabolism advice you can give me J Let me know if you would like to see more blogs like this one.
Director of Food & Drink